Gluten Free Gingerbread Waffles are packed with perfectly spiced gingerbread flavor and a feature a perfectly delicate texture. You would never know they’re gluten free!
This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase something through these links, I will receive compensation at no additional cost to you. As always, I only link to products that we use and love and therefore think you will love, too!
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so what better way to celebrate the holidays (or any day, for that matter) than with these beautiful Gluten Free Gingerbread Waffles?
The warm flavors of molasses, snappy ginger, and earthy cinnamon come together in these caramel colored and oh-so-fluffy waffles. There really is nothing to make you feel more cozy during these long winter months!
These Gluten Free Gingerbread Waffles taste delicious with a sprinkling of powdered sugar, a dollop of whipped cream, or drizzled in your favorite maple syrup or (my favorite) buttermilk syrup. Any way you serve them, they’re sure to be enjoyed by adults and kids alike.
The secret to a good waffle is the waffle iron. We’re waffle addicts so we’ve gone through a few-the one we got as a wedding gift and 2 or 3 afterwards. When the last one quit working, I decided to invest in one that flips and cannot recommend it enough! Your waffles will come out perfectly crispy on the outside and soft as a pancake on the inside. You don’t have to dish out $100 to get a great one, either. This Presto Flip Belgian Waffle Maker that I now own is priced at less than $50 (as of 12-10-2015). You won’t regret investing in a waffle maker like this!
The batter is simple to whip up and can be refrigerated if you would like to make it ahead of time. If you do this, remove it from the fridge 20 minutes before cooking, stir well, and add a tablespoon or two of milk to restore it to its original consistency (rice flour soaks up moisture as it sits).
Happy Holidays, from our family to yours 🙂
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup neutral tasting oil (I use canola or avocado)
- 1 1/2 cups milk (can use dairy free substitute)
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoon sugar
- 2 1/4 cup flour (I use Bob's Red Mill 1:1) see notes
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon allspice
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Whisk eggs in a large bowl.
- Whisk in oil, milk, molasses, vanilla, and sugar until well combined.
- Add remaining ingredients and whisk just until smooth. It's alright if there are a few small lumps.
- Preheat your waffle iron, and let the batter sit while you do so. It will thicken slightly. It's always a good idea to let gluten free batters and dough sit during preheating because it will thicken and eliminate any grittiness.
- Bake according to waffle iron directions. These waffles cook in our waffle iron for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar or drizzle with maple or buttermilk syrup. These are delicious with a dollop of whipped cream, too. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 463Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 28gCholesterol: 147mgSodium: 699mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 1gSugar: 27gProtein: 8g