Maple is boring. How many times have you had (fill in the ______) smothered in maple syrup? Change things up a bit and try this buttermilk syrup. It’s a game changer, and you’ll have a hard time going back!
*gluten-free *soy-free *nut-free *oat-free *egg-free
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup buttermilk (store bought or make your own)
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Combine butter, sugar, and buttermilk in a large saucepan.
- Heat over medium heat, stirring frequently, until butter is melted and mixture comes to a gentle simmer.
- Reduce heat so it is barely at a simmer, and continue to cook until it is slightly thickened and syrupy.
- When you are ready to serve, remove from heat and add baking soda while stirring. Mixture will bubble up quite a bit, which is why you use a large pan.
- Stir well and add the vanilla.
This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase something through these links, I will receive compensation. As always, I only link to products that we use and love and therefore think you will love, too!