Easy Gluten Free Biscuits (dairy free option)

Easy Gluten Free Biscuits

This easy Gluten Free Biscuits recipe is perfectly light,  fluffy, and ridiculously easy to make! You’ll love this simple recipe with 4 ingredients and only 5 minutes of prep time.

This post contains affiliate links. Please see disclosure for more information.

Are  you looking for a light, fluffy, and EASY gluten free biscuits recipe – one that isn’t hard or dense or grainy? Well, we spent years developing this recipe, and we know you’re going to love it!

Easy Gluten Free Biscuits

Our original recipe for Gluten Free Biscuits is a regular in our house, but we knew that you would love a ridiculously simple and easy version too!

Because gluten free flours behave differently than regular wheat flour, we’ve made a few tweaks to the recipe and tested it with several different flours to ensure your success.

Easy Gluten Free Biscuits

You might have a few questions, especially if you’re new to gluten free baking.

We recommend reading the tips below, but click here to skip to the recipe 🙂

WHICH FLOURS WORK WELL FOR EASY GLUTEN FREE BISCUITS?

Not all gluten free flours are created equal. We have many favorites (see our list here) and those favorites depend on what we’re baking! We know a lot of you are searching for one inexpensive flour blend that will work with every recipe, but we have yet to find that special blend 😉

Our opinion is that it is absolutely worth it to keep a package of one particular flour mix on hand so that we can enjoy incredibly tender, flaky and EASY gluten free biscuits on occasion.

We have tested this recipe with Cup4Cup, Grandpa’s Kitchen, Better Batter, King Arthur All Purpose Gluten Free Blend, and Bob’s Red Mill 1:1. Cup4Cup yielded the best results with Better Batter coming in at a close second. The biscuits pictured in this post were made using Cup4Cup flour blend.

While we love Grandpa’s Kitchen and Bob’s Red Mill 1:1, neither worked well for this particular recipe. The King Arthur Flour Blend worked OK, we just preferred the texture and taste of Cup4Cup which yielded a higher rise and an incredibly light and tender inside. Keep in mind that if you use King Arthur, you’ll need to add 1/4 tsp xanthan gum per cup of flour used in the recipe.

Easy Gluten Free Biscuits

CAN I MAKE THESE EASY GLUTEN FREE BISCUITS DAIRY FREE?

Yes. We tried a few alternatives to cream and coconut cream yielded the best results. To make these easy gluten free biscuits dairy free as well, you’ll need to use a dairy free flour blend. This means you can’t use Cup4Cup, so our recommendation is Better Batter. You can also use either King Arthur All Purpose Gluten Free Flour or Gluten Free Mama’s Almond Flour Blend, but you’ll get the best results with Better Batter.

In summary, to make this recipe dairy free: Substitute the cream for 2/3 cup coconut cream. You’ll need to plan ahead and put a can of coconut cream or coconut milk into your fridge the day before.

When you’re ready to bake the biscuits, open the can and scrape the solid cream from the top. Warm slightly in a pan or the microwave – just enough to liquefy it. Continue to make the recipe as written, using a gf flour that is also dairy free.

DO I HAVE TO SHAPE THE BISCUITS?

Nope! You can use a 2 T cookie scoop (we love this one) or even a spoon to scoop the biscuit dough right onto your baking sheet. If you want a layered biscuit as pictured above then layer, pat, and cut out the dough. We almost always use the layer and cut method because they’re SO pretty!

IS THE DOUGH SUPPOSED TO BE THIS STICKY?

Yes! Gluten free baked goods absorb more moisture than ‘regular’ baked goods. Keeping the dough a bit wet means light and fluffy gluten free biscuits with no gritty texture. Yay!

From our kitchen to yours, we hope you get to enjoy these delicious and EASY gluten free biscuits recipe soon! Let us know if you have any questions, and ENJOY!

Easy Gluten Free Biscuits (dairy free option)

Easy Gluten Free Biscuits (dairy free option)

Yield: 6 biscuits
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Active Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes

These easy gluten free biscuits are perfectly fluffy, tender, and light and are SO EASY to make with just 4 ingredients!

Ingredients

Instructions

1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
  2. In a small bowl, whisk together gluten free flour, baking powder, and salt. Add cream while stirring with a spoon, just until everything is combined. Dough should be sticky.
  3. Shape biscuits using one of the two methods below (layering and patting will yield the best texture/appearance)
  4. Scoop biscuit dough onto a baking sheet using a spoon or 2 T cookie scoop.
  5. Sprinkle a small amount 1/2 T - 1 T) of gluten free flour onto a baking mat, parchment, or wax paper. Scoop 1/4 of biscuit dough onto the floured surface, scoop another 1/4 of the dough on top and gently press down, and continue with remaining dough. Don't work the dough, simply pat down each piece on top so that you end up with a round of dough about 1" thick. Use a biscuit cutter to cut the biscuits and place them on a baking sheet.
  6. Gently brush the biscuits with a little cream. We use a pastry brush and whatever cream is left in the measuring cup
  7. Bake for 8-12 minutes (10 minutes is perfect in our oven) until the tops are a golden brown and biscuits are done inside. Don't over bake
  8. Remove from oven, and enjoy!

Notes

1. To measure flour (for any recipe), stir the flour and then scoop it into your measuring cup. Finish by leveling it off with a knife. Using this method will ensure that you don't end up adding too much flour.
  2. To make dairy free, substitute 2/3 cup coconut cream for the cream and use a dairy free flour (cup4Cup contains dairy). We have had the best results with Better Batter, which performs just about as well as Cup4Cup.
  3. To make coconut cream, put a can of coconut milk or coconut cream in the fridge overnight. Scoop off the solid cream on top and warm slightly in the microwave or on the stovetop so that it is liquid.

FLOUR OPTIONS:

1. Cup4Cup works best.
  2. Better Batter is a close 2nd.
  3. King Arthur Flour works, but use 2/3 cup cream instead and add 1/4 tsp xanthan gum if using their blend that doesn't contain any.
  4. A few readers have had success using Bob's Red Mill 1:1, but it wasn't our favorite to use in this recipe.
  5. We love Grandpa's Kitchen flour for many recipes, but it doesn't work very well for this one.

Recommended Products

As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.

Nutrition Information:
Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 biscuit
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 134 Total Fat: 6g Carbohydrates: 17g Fiber: .6g Sugar: 1g Protein: 3g

You Might Also Like

147 Comments

Gillie
    September 5, 2018 at 9:30 am

Made these last night and they were a hit! Great texture, even though I was lazy and just scooped them out by a spoon. I used Pillsbury Best GF flour because that’s what I had on hand, and they turned out great.

September 5, 2018 at 10:39 am

It’s great to hear that Pillsbury Best gf flour works well, thank you for letting us know! So happy you enjoyed them.

Wendy
      January 1, 2019 at 5:25 pm

Best biscuits ever, even my boyfriend was impressed. Was wandering if you had a gluten free pizza crust recipe?

Carissa Bell
      May 6, 2019 at 10:26 am

I used Bob’s 1 to 1 flour and macadamia nut milk because it’s all I had and they were pretty tasty! Thanks for sharing the recipe. 🙂

May 7, 2019 at 11:02 am

Great to know Carissa, thanks so much for sharing what worked! I’m glad you enjoyed them. -Celeste

Pat
      July 26, 2019 at 3:20 pm

I’ve made these 4 times and love the taste. Just wondering why they fall after taking out of oven. They are so pretty and tall when I take them out then when they begin to cool they fall. Should I try cooking longer? I’ve tried 12 minutes but the ones in the center aren’t very browned.

July 29, 2019 at 10:13 am

I haven’t ever had this happen, what flour are you using?

Jules Shepard
    September 10, 2018 at 9:35 am

Nothing beats a good biscuit! Thanks for sharing your recipe!

September 10, 2018 at 2:27 pm

We agree! 😉

Chrystal @ Gluten-Free Palate
    September 10, 2018 at 1:10 pm

I love how incredibly simple this recipe is. Thank you for making recipes so easy!

September 10, 2018 at 2:26 pm

We love easy recipes too! Thanks Chrystal 🙂

jenna urben
    September 10, 2018 at 1:12 pm

Woah, these look incredible!! So perfect, gotta try these ASAP

September 10, 2018 at 2:27 pm

Thanks Jenna, hope you enjoy them!

Kortney
    September 10, 2018 at 1:34 pm

I’ve never baked with a one for one flour. I like to use flours like buckwheat. I wonder if you could make a buckwheat biscuit that is that flakey!

September 10, 2018 at 2:26 pm

If you try this recipe with buckwheat Kortney, please let us know how it turns out! -Celeste

Shay
    September 11, 2018 at 7:44 am

These are a dinner table must have! I know my family is going to love them!

September 12, 2018 at 11:41 am

Thank you so much Shay! I hope your family enjoys them!! -Celeste

Leslie
    September 11, 2018 at 10:03 am

These are the most beautiful GF biscuits I’ve seen. And the recipe is so easy! I am thinking fried chicken with these biscuits. YUM!

September 12, 2018 at 11:40 am

Thank you so much Leslie! Serving with fried chicken sounds like a fantastic idea! -Celeste

Alisa Fleming
    September 12, 2018 at 8:31 am

Wow, look at the rise on those babies! I make them with coconut cream and it works great, too – for us dairy-free folks!

September 12, 2018 at 11:39 am

Thanks Alisa, we love fluffy biscuits 🙂 Happy to hear that the coconut cream works well for you too! -Celeste

Ally Garvey
    October 12, 2018 at 3:14 pm

Can the coconut cream be replaced with almond milk?

October 12, 2018 at 4:39 pm

Sorry Ally, almond milk is a very different consistency. You’ll need to either use regular cream or coconut cream. -Celeste

Callie
    October 24, 2018 at 8:17 pm

So delicious!

October 25, 2018 at 9:03 am

So happy to hear that you liked the biscuits Callie! -Celeste

Evie Curley
    October 27, 2018 at 7:12 am

These biscuits are AMAZING. My husband is gluten-free and has missed my wheat flour biscuits for a long time. We have tried many recipes that promised biscuit bliss and none delivered until this one! Thank you so much for developing this recipe. My husband experienced total nirvana when eating these today. I love how much less fussy they are to make than a wheat flour biscuit, too. So amazing!!

October 27, 2018 at 12:29 pm

Thank you so much Evie! I am SO happy your husband enjoyed these biscuits, that’s why I keep developing these recipes. -Celeste

Katrina
    October 27, 2018 at 9:06 am

Have you tried this recipe with your Cup for Cup blend?? It’s the only one I keep on hand! (In case the need for homemade rolls arises… which is always ?)

October 27, 2018 at 12:27 pm

I’m so happy to hear you love the flour for rolls! I haven’t tried that yet…I’m not sure why? If you give it a shot, let me know how it works out! -Celeste

Katrina
        November 3, 2018 at 3:58 pm

I tried them out with coconut cream and they turned out great! So nice to have homemade biscuits back in my life!

November 3, 2018 at 8:35 pm

Yay! SO glad you enjoyed them Katrina! -Celeste

T
    October 27, 2018 at 1:29 pm

I can’t wait to make these for my family. Can they be made ahead and frozen?

October 28, 2018 at 8:41 pm

Yes they can, while they taste best fresh (everything does!) you can bake them, freeze, and then warm in the oven for 5-10 minutes until they’re hot.

Kortney
    November 4, 2018 at 7:10 am

The texture on those biscuits look absolutely perfect. It’s so nice to see that gf really has no limits!

November 4, 2018 at 9:59 pm

Thank you so much Kortney, that’s what I try to prove 😉 These biscuits really do taste amazing!!

Kathy Hester
    November 5, 2018 at 8:59 pm

Beautiful biscuits and love that it has a dairy free option. I am going to try to make these vegan.

November 7, 2018 at 8:43 pm

Let me know how they turn out! -Celeste

Selene Schulz
    November 8, 2018 at 6:20 pm

Can a person use King Arthur cup for cup gf flour?

November 9, 2018 at 8:36 am

Hi Selene! I have used King Arthur, it works pretty well but Cup4Cup definitely yields the best results. Better Batter is my second choice, and King Arthur is probably my third 🙂 Enjoy! -Celeste

Erin Dee
    November 8, 2018 at 7:09 pm

Love that these are gluten free! They look perfect and so delicious!

November 9, 2018 at 8:36 am

Thank you Erin, we love them! -Celeste

Bria
    November 8, 2018 at 9:34 pm

Oh my! You can just see how light and fluffy these biscuits are. I love that you tested so many different gluten free flours. That is super helpful!

November 9, 2018 at 8:38 am

Thank you, I try to test with as many as possible so I know what to recommend 🙂 Hope you get to try them soon! -Celeste

Kathy Hester
    November 12, 2018 at 8:26 am

Simple, Tasty and Fluffy. I love how easy it is to make it dairy-free and vegan. I can’t wait to eat them!

November 13, 2018 at 7:46 am

Hope you enjoy them Kathy! -Celeste

Melissa Lombard
    November 13, 2018 at 8:05 am

These sound great! I was wondering if anyone has tried making the biscuits with buttermilk. I’m a southern girl and my grandmother always made her biscuits with buttermilk. – Melissa

November 13, 2018 at 10:26 am

Hi Melissa! The cream in this recipe replaces the buttermilk/milk as well as the butter, so buttermilk wouldn’t provide a high enough fat content.

Sharon Powell
    November 16, 2018 at 7:09 pm

I have eaten GF for about 4-5 years. I made both of you biscuits tonight with King Arthur Flour. They were both good but the ones made with heavy cream were better and sooooo easy!!!
    They tasted like regular delicious biscuits!! I’m so excited, but I’ll probably gain weight now! lol!!
    Thanks!!

November 17, 2018 at 10:04 am

I’m SO happy you enjoyed them Sharon! That first recipe was my baby, but I can’t help but love the cream biscuits just a little more 😉 -Celeste

Margaret Clegg
    November 17, 2018 at 6:31 pm

These look so incredibly fluffy. And I wholeheartedly agree with suggesting Cup 4 Cup. It makes all my recipes turn out fantastic!

Diane
    November 18, 2018 at 11:09 am

Best ever

November 19, 2018 at 9:18 am

Thank you! So glad you enjoyed them Diane! -Celeste

Sarah
    November 20, 2018 at 4:03 pm

I’ve made countless breads and pastries but never biscuits! English muffins, sourdough, brioche, pretzels, popovers, the list goes on but for some reason never biscuits so I think that needs to change because these look delicious!

Anna
    November 22, 2018 at 4:36 pm

So good! These made my Thanksgiving menu this year and will now be something I will make weekly! Thank you!!!

November 22, 2018 at 11:15 pm

I’m so happy to hear this Anna! Thank you for taking the time to come back and let me know 🙂 -Celeste

BigTig
    November 28, 2018 at 11:35 am

My dough was not nearly enough for 6 biscuits 1 inch thick. What did I do wrong? Used cream and cup4cup.

Still turned out great just thin

November 29, 2018 at 10:19 pm

You might have been using a different sized biscuit cutter, they come in various sizes. Feel free to double the batch next time 🙂

Nicole Dawson
    November 29, 2018 at 10:42 am

These biscuits look amazing. I love how fluffy they are

November 29, 2018 at 10:18 pm

Thank you, one of my all-time favorite recipes 🙂 -Celeste

Ali
    December 10, 2018 at 1:38 pm

This recipe is fantastic. I always double the recipe and I brush on a little melted butter between layers as I am rolling it out. This makes them more moist and makes my non-GF eaters happy. I am thinking of using this dough recipe for a modified monkey bread, any suggestions or thoughts? It’s quite sticky and doesn’t rise much, but it seems worth trying as I prepare to host Christmas breakfast. This will be our first Christmas with my 14 yr old eating GF, we just found out he has Celiac, so I feel some added pressure 😉 We always have monkey bread.

December 10, 2018 at 8:43 pm

Hi Ali! So happy to hear you’re enjoying the biscuits. What flour are you using? The biscuits generally rise quite a bit for me when I use Better Batter or Cup4Cup flour, and are plenty soft without adding butter. I have plans to try this recipe for monkey bread also, I think it should work great! The flour really makes a difference and turns a good recipe into a great one. -Celeste

Ali
    December 11, 2018 at 6:40 am

I bought the cup 4 cup just like you recommended. The recipe works very well, I only mentioned the butter because I trying to please a newly GF teenage (under-sized) boy and his 3 non-GF siblings. It’s exhausting to please them all and I found that adding a tiny butter helps incase it can help others 😉 Plus then we don’t need to butter before eating. Mine definitely doubles in height which is great. I am just used to using yeast rolls for monkey bread and they grow enormously tall. I am going to do a test this week and see how it goes! Thanks for responding.

Wendy
    December 21, 2018 at 9:42 pm

These look delicious. I appreciate you sharing the various flours one can use. As I can not use Cup for Cup because it contains milk powder. I look forward to trying these. Thanks!

December 21, 2018 at 11:24 pm

I hope you enjoy them Wendy, so glad you found this helpful 🙂 -Celeste

Jennifer
    December 24, 2018 at 10:35 am

I made these but one recipe only made 4 biscuits so I had to double it.

Wendy
    January 1, 2019 at 5:18 pm

These biscuits are the best even my boyfriend was impressed . Was wondering if you had a pizza crust recipe too.

January 4, 2019 at 8:42 am

Hi Wendy! I get asked that a lot, but haven’t posted one yet – 2019 goals 🙂 In the meantime, you can use my crescent roll or garlic breadsticks recipe, both work great for pizza crust! -Celeste

Joycieola
    January 2, 2019 at 11:08 am

Wow! Finally a gluten free biscuit. I’ve been missing biscuits and wanted to make some for my celiac daughter. I used your gluten free flour recipe with what I had in hand. I have to make some substitutions – corn starch in place of white rice flour, and I used butter flavor instant potato flakes for the potato starch. I layered the dough as in step 5. They were flaky, golden and buttery tasting. Fluffy and soft unlike any gluten free bread products I’ve had until now. Thank you for the detailed recipe. I can’t thank you enough.

January 4, 2019 at 8:41 am

Thank you so much for including how you made them, and your kind words. I’m so glad you and your daughter were able to enjoy them! -Celeste

Nicole
    January 15, 2019 at 2:41 pm

Hi there! I didn’t get through all the comments but was wondering if you had an alternative to the coconut cream? I’m always looking for new recipes for my 2 year old and among the many allergies he does have, it’s always hard to find a dairy-free and tree nut/coconut free alternative. Any suggestions? Thank you!

Amber G
    January 17, 2019 at 4:46 am

These tasted amazing but didn’t rise for me. I used better batter and coconut cream. Any idea what I did wrong? I’m at an elevation of 2,300′. Could that be it? Or maybe my baking powder wasn’t fresh enough? (It’s probably a year old… Better Batter is brand new… My first time to try it). I scooped them out and after they baked, they were about a half an inch tall. Thx for your help 🙂

January 17, 2019 at 9:32 am

The baking powder could have caused that. How sticky was the dough? I should be too sticky to work unless you scoop it or coat it in flour.

Amber G
        January 17, 2019 at 10:55 am

The first time I made it it was super sticky… Next time it wasn’t sticky… Both were same size after cooked. I’ll try new baking powder and see if that does the trick. Even with them super flat my kids devoured them and I loved them also. I’d been missing a biscuit flavor. Thank you for such a tasty recipe 🙂

January 17, 2019 at 11:13 am

Glad you still enjoyed them! It sounds like you might need new baking powder, these always rise well for me! -Celeste

Jessica Kendall
      February 5, 2019 at 3:15 pm

Amber, I’m in Denver, CO and made the (AMAZING!) dinner roll recipe this past Sunday. It took over an hour for mine to rise (the recipe listed a quick 10-20 min rise time), but they did! Putting a towel, in addition to plastic wrap, over them was helpful. I’ll use both from now on to keep the sticky dough off the towel and help them rise more quickly. They also took a little longer to cook. Oh, and I used GF Jules for the rolls. Can’t wait to try these biscuits!!!

Amber G
        February 7, 2019 at 9:19 am

Thanks for the tip! I’ll try plastic wrap and a towel 🙂 I appreciate it!

Amber G
    January 17, 2019 at 12:11 pm

Ok I’ll try that. Thx so much 🙂

Katrina
      February 5, 2019 at 11:07 pm

I’ve noticed sometimes when I’m taking measurements in cups (instead of weight) that the recipe will vary greatly from batch to batch. I’ve had that happen with the rolls on this site. That said, I’ve tried this with coconut cream, milk + sour cream, and heavy cream, all using the cup4cup flour and the heavy cream biscuits rose the most by far, but I’m left to wonder if maybe I just shook the flour bag enough that time?? *shrug*
      I’m in Utah at 4K elevation, so I don’t think that’s your issue!
      @celeste, any chance you’ll start listing recipes with weights as well as measurements? I know the comments are frustrating when people just want to measure by cup, but my baking results are so much more consistent when done by weight!

February 6, 2019 at 12:43 pm

Katrina, adding weight measurements to recipes is on my blogging list for 2019 🙂 Thank you for the feedback! -Celeste

Katrina
          February 7, 2019 at 9:33 pm

Hooray!

Lisa
    February 5, 2019 at 6:04 pm

I don’t think I’ve ever left a comment on a blog before, but I had to tell you how much I appreciate this recipe! My 15 yo daughter has to be gluten and dairy free (my husband and I eat that way too, since she has to), she is soooo thin and we try soooo hard to find food like I used to make (I make KILLER regular biscuits! ?). These biscuits are UNBELIEVABLE!!! She almost cried when she ate them and I almost did too!! They’re so close to what I used to make!! Thank you again SO MUCH!! ❤️

February 5, 2019 at 8:51 pm

Lisa, thank you so much for taking the time to come back and comment, hearing stories like this means so much to me! I am so glad you and your daughter enjoyed the biscuits! -Celeste

Beverly Jones
    February 7, 2019 at 8:55 am

YES, PLEASE include weight measurements.
    I have seen weights for 1 cup of GF flours from 128 grams per cup to 148 grams per cup, depending on the brand or recipe for the blend. This isIf one looks at the flour bag it will give the weight for that particular GF flour. Knowing how much 1 cup of GF flour should be makes a big difference in the success of one’s recipe. For example, my favorite Pound Cake is the Elvis Presley Pound Cake recipe, but when I tried to convert it to GF, it fell once and was dry another time, although both times I used the same GF blend, but just a different weight for the flour. On the Cup4Cup bag the weight of 1 cup of that blend weighs 128 grams. King Arthur’s weighs 120 grams, and Bob’s Red Mill 1:1 is 148 grams for 1 cup!
    So Yes, Please give us weights, Celeste. Thank you so much 🙂

Katrina
      February 7, 2019 at 9:34 pm

That’s super helpful to know, thank you!

Beverly Jones
    February 7, 2019 at 8:55 am

YES, PLEASE include weight measurements.
    So Yes, Please give us weights, Celeste. Thank you so much 🙂

leslie mg
    February 9, 2019 at 7:43 am

i used 1:1. followed your recipe (diary free) to a T. MY biscuits did not rise at all; rather they stayed 1″ and never browned.
    bummer.

February 9, 2019 at 11:53 am

Hi Leslie! I’m sorry they didn’t turn out, that is always frustrating. I do not recommend Bob’s Red Mill 1:1 flour in this recipe (it’s in the FAQ section above the recipe post), but instead recommend Better Batter especially for the dairy free version. Also, if your baking powder is more than a few months old, it will not work as well and might inhibit your rise. Overworking the dough can have the same effect. I hope you give it another shot and get to enjoy them 🙂 -Celeste

Lisa Fischer
    February 10, 2019 at 7:36 am

Oh my GOSH!! These were delicious!! Thank you for giving my little celiac something yummy to eat when she was sick!

February 10, 2019 at 2:36 pm

Lisa I am so happy to hear that you and your little enjoyed these biscuits! Thank you for letting me know. -Celeste

Cinder
    February 11, 2019 at 12:05 pm

These were a Pinterest fail for me. I used a cup for cup flour mixture, and cream. They are hard, cookie-esque blobs. Maybe I overwhisked, maybe it’s altitude based, (we’re at 4600′) but I did add a smidge more liquid for altitude…

February 12, 2019 at 1:33 pm

Hi Cinder! Sorry it didn’t work out for you. They can be tough if you over-mix. The flour also makes a difference, even “cup for cup” flour mixes vary by brand, which brand did you use? -Celeste

Melanie Kotila
    February 18, 2019 at 9:40 am

I’m new to GF baking, so I was doubtful looking at the dough but it worked! I splurged on the cup4cup flour and used the layering method. Thank you so much for your recipe!

February 19, 2019 at 1:52 pm

So glad you enjoyed the biscuits Melanie! -Celeste

Rachel
    March 10, 2019 at 9:36 am

My husband made these for me this morning…Oh My…I didn’t; think I’d ever get to eat a biscuit ever again…not any more. Light and fluffy and oh so good – he even said they were better than the from scratch gluten biscuits he made – that is a HIGH compliment. Thank you so much for all your work perfecting this recipe.

March 11, 2019 at 11:33 pm

SO glad you both enjoyed them Rachel!!! Thanks for the positive feed back 🙂 -Celeste

Laura W.
    March 18, 2019 at 6:19 pm

Oh wow! I just made these, and they are the Holy Grail of GF biscuits. In fact, of ANY biscuits!
    I added a pinch of garlic powder and just a little fine grated aged Gouda.
    They’re light and flakey without falling apart, and they really do melt in your mouth.
    Thank you, thank you, thank you!

May 22, 2019 at 5:04 pm

The Holy Grail of GF Biscuits…I love that!! So glad you enjoyed the Laura, thank you for taking the time to come back and comment. Great idea to add garlic and gouda too – yum!

THERESA
    March 26, 2019 at 10:51 am

PLEASE HELP i am looking for vegan, sugar free lactose free , gluten free biscuits and cake recipes for my 2 year old grandchild . i do find but the have either eggs or sugar in . i really hope you could help me with atleast one recipe oh and no chocolate yip i know difficult

March 30, 2019 at 7:14 pm

This biscuit recipe has adaptations for dairy free. Just follow those directions, I think you will love them!

Sarah
    April 14, 2019 at 12:11 pm

This recipe calls for whipping cream, is that the same as heavy whipping cream? I’m having trouble finding anything other than the heavy.

April 16, 2019 at 8:36 am

Yes, that will work! Enjoy 🙂 -Celeste

Diana
    April 16, 2019 at 8:18 pm

I was looking for a biscuit to use for a simply chicken pot pie. Do you think. I could drop these on the filling and bake?

April 17, 2019 at 10:28 am

Diana, I have plans to develop a recipe like that so yes, I think it will work! You might need to adjust the cooking time but I think it will be delicious.

Jessica Smith
    May 19, 2019 at 6:25 pm

I made these biscuits best receipe I found so far I also froze them and they came out perfect .

May 19, 2019 at 8:11 pm

Yay! So happy to hear you enjoy them, thanks for sharing that they freeze well! -Celeste

Jane Ryan
    June 4, 2019 at 6:38 pm

What do you think about adding raisins to these biscuits? I love a good raisin biscuit but I have not found a good recipe. I can’t wait to try these!!!!

June 7, 2019 at 12:38 pm

Fantastic idea jane, I’m going to try it too! -Celeste

Kimberly
    June 8, 2019 at 7:29 pm

Is there a GF flour blend (or GF flour blend recipe ) that doesn’t contain Potato or Corn, that would work for this recipe? Most GF blends have potato and/or corn flours/starches (which I also can’t have, in addition to the gluten). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

June 12, 2019 at 11:38 am

Hi Kimberly! I haven’t tried one, but feel free to experiment! Just make sure the biscuit dough is plenty sticky, you might even want to try it just as a drop biscuit the first time around. Let me know what works! -Celeste

Vivian Griggs
    June 12, 2019 at 8:31 pm

High altitude changes? Anyone try this? Desperate for a good high altitude GF, DF biscuit.

McKenzie
    June 13, 2019 at 9:17 am

Can I use half and half instead of heavy whipping cream?

June 13, 2019 at 3:59 pm

I just tried this a few weeks ago and it worked just about as well as cream. Start with 2 tablespoons less and add more if needed. -Celeste

Scott S
    June 24, 2019 at 12:03 pm

Thank you for this! The Mrs. recently learned she’s allergic to wheat and we’re struggling to find alternatives to traditional. These came out really well with Cup4Cup and they only had a slightly dusty, not gritty, mouth feel and the flavor and fluffiness are great!

June 24, 2019 at 12:37 pm

I’m so glad you both enjoyed them Scott, thanks so much for letting us know!

Rebecca K
    July 3, 2019 at 8:12 am

These were definitely the best gf biscuits I’ve ever eaten, let alone made – and I believe they give ANY biscuit I’ve ever had a real run for their money. We darn near came to blows over the last biscuit last night. They were ridiculously easy to make, no pastry blenders necessary. I only dropped them onto parchment paper, but they were SO LIGHT and FLUFFY. Thanks for this brilliant recipe!

July 3, 2019 at 12:00 pm

Rebecca thank you so much for the kind comment! I love hearing stories like this and appreciate you taking the time to come back and let me know how much you all enjoyed the biscuits. -Celeste

Cher
    July 3, 2019 at 4:41 pm

Can you freeze these to eat a few days later?

July 5, 2019 at 8:48 pm

Absolutely. Just bake as directed, let cool completely, and freeze. Warm in the microwave or wrapped in foil in the oven before serving 🙂

Kristen
    July 5, 2019 at 4:01 pm

This is our go to gluten free biscuit in our house! With only 4 ingredients and simple steps to follow, it’s full proof! Also, your from scratch country sausage gravy receipt is to die for with these biscuit.

July 5, 2019 at 8:49 pm

So happy you are enjoying the biscuits and the gravy Kristen! Thank you for coming back to let us know 🙂 -Celeste

Marci
    July 7, 2019 at 7:42 am

OMG!!! These are SO GOOD! Thank you, thank you, thank you. Today was biscuits and sausage gravy, and I can see strawberry shortcake and chicken and dumplings in the near future! Seriously. THANK YOU!!!

July 8, 2019 at 10:08 am

Wonderful ideas Marci!!! Hope you enjoy every one of them. -Celeste

Heyley
    July 7, 2019 at 9:39 am

Oh.my.gosh. These are amazing!!! I made them last weekend for my family and will be making them again this weekend (I used them with s chocolate gravy recipe) my family was very happy! My husband even said “I think these are the best biscuits I’ve ever had…i dare say even better than my nana’s” but we will keep that secret 😉 Thank you so much for this amazing recipe!!

July 8, 2019 at 10:07 am

Awwww, I love hearing how much your family enjoyed the biscuits. Thank you so much for sharing!! -Celeste

Rache
    July 10, 2019 at 8:31 am

Wow….. these are the HOLY GRAIL. They’re flaky, they’re light, they’re slightly chewy….. this is not some dense, grainy, disappointing excuse for a gluten free biscuit. I only comment on recipes occasionally, when I find something phenomenal. These are absolutely phenomenal.

July 13, 2019 at 3:50 pm

Thank you SO much for taking the time to come back and comment, I am glad you enjoyed them! -Celeste

JHoy
    July 17, 2019 at 4:06 pm

Thanks for the recipe! These are, by far, the best gluten free biscuits I have tried!

Rachel
    July 18, 2019 at 12:01 pm

Why would I need to put the coconut cream in the fridge the day before, if I will have to warm it up in the microwave to liquify it anyway? What’s the purpose of putting the coconut cream in the fridge and is it necessary?

July 18, 2019 at 12:52 pm

Sorry for the confusion Rachel, you put it in the fridge so that the cream will rise to the top and solidify. You’ll only use the cream, and keep the leftover coconut water below for smoothies or something else 🙂

Jamaica
    July 19, 2019 at 7:19 am

Hello! I’m going to make these for the first time for a large group. How many biscuits does this recipe yield? Thank you!

July 19, 2019 at 12:41 pm

This recipe makes 4-6 biscuits, it is a small batch recipe. Feel free to double it, but I would make a separate double batch as needed instead of tripling or more.

Jacqueline
    July 22, 2019 at 4:47 pm

Made these tonight and they were a huge hit. I used Pillsbury 1:1 blend and they required just a splash more cream to make the dough the right consistency. Will definitely be making them again!

July 22, 2019 at 10:47 pm

Thanks for the tips Jacqueline, so glad you enjoyed them!! -Celeste

Betty
    August 5, 2019 at 8:32 am

Can I add ingrediants such as rosemary and garlic and cheese to this mixture?

August 21, 2019 at 10:30 am

Absolutely, great idea!

SANDY DUTTON
    August 9, 2019 at 1:28 pm

As soon as I saw the video I printed the recipe to try because they look so good and easy! Husband & daughter always have to use toast (more like s.o.s.) when I make biscuits & sausage gravy but these look good enough to serve to the whole family of 6. I used to make chicken & dumplings using Bisquick but haven’t made in a long time due to 2 family members being GF. I tried the GF bisquick for the stew but didn’t like how it came out, wasn’t anything like the regular. I’m curious if this recipe would work like that, dropping onto boiling stew?

August 21, 2019 at 10:29 am

Hi Sandy, I haven’t tried using these as dumplings, but that’s a great idea! Let me know how they turn out. -Celeste

Anita Malone
    August 14, 2019 at 10:54 am

I just made these biscuits and they are delicious! I will not use another recipe again. Your detailed step by step instructions was so helpful. And the pic showing to space the biscuits is crucial. Normal biscuits you have them touch slightly. But gluten free works best an inch or so apart. Thank you for the recipe!

August 21, 2019 at 10:29 am

So happy you enjoyed them Anita!!

Cindy
    August 21, 2019 at 7:37 pm

OMG!!!! These are AMAZING!!! SPECTACULAR!!!! PERFECT!!!!! Never did I think I would find a decent GF biscuit recipe. The easiest recipe I have come across as well. They were light and fluffy and delish!!!! No gumminess, no flat hockey pucks. Picture perfect!!!! Thanks a million!!!! I am still speechless!

Kelly
    September 1, 2019 at 7:41 pm

These are absolutely delicious! I tried both drop and layering. I had difficulty with the layering process. I couldn’t figure out how to flatten the dough wide enough to make multiple biscuits so I used a rolling pin which resulted in the biscuits coming out rather flat. Are there pictures or a video you could post to show how you layer? Thanks!!

Michele T Rudenko
    September 13, 2019 at 10:01 am

These are wonderful
    I came up with a substitution for the lactose in cream for us with lactose intolerance and they come out Devine.
    Take 3 TB butter
    1 egg yolk
    Enough lactose free whole milk to bring liquid to the 3/4 cup. Whisk all well and I use the cup 4 cup flour blend.

September 14, 2019 at 10:31 pm

Thank you so much for sharing Michele!

Debbie
    September 14, 2019 at 9:36 am

Is this flour Keto friendly? Just started on the Keto diet and looking for a good flour substitute for baking that will give me good results.

September 14, 2019 at 10:31 pm

Sorry Debbie, this is not a keto recipe.