What’s better than a perfectly light and fluffy gluten free biscuit? A perfectly light and fluffy gluten free biscuit smothered in gravy, of course! You’ll love this simple yet delicious recipe for Gluten Free Biscuits and Gravy.
A few months ago we announced that the month of August would be BISCUIT MONTH on our Facebook page, and we loved seeing your excitement! Thank you for sharing your ideas and enthusiasm with us, you are the reason for everything behind the Life After Wheat blog and we are so grateful for you.
We already had a recipe for Gluten Free Biscuits, and we decided to follow that with a recipe that we think you’ll agree is simply magical.
Magical because these EASY Gluten Free Biscuits have only 4 simple ingredients and require a measly 5 minutes of prep time. Our only fear is that you’ll think this recipe looks just too good to be true, but we hope that you’ll trust us on this one and make them anyway.
We promise you’ll be amazed and that you’ll want to make them again and again – because that’s exactly what we have done!
A while back we also created a recipe for Copycat Cheddar Bay Biscuits for Blendtec, which is another favorite at our house. We love how easy it is, and the pop of flavor from freshly grated cheddar cheese and delicious spices is perfection.
Feel free to use any of the above recipes for your gluten free biscuits and gravy, they will all work great! That being said, our current favorite is this Easy 4-Ingredient Gluten Free Biscuit recipe…We love that it only takes a few minutes and the texture is just so ridiculously good.
Of course, you couldn’t have biscuits and gravy without the gravy, so let’s talk about making gravy with gluten free ingredients. First, you’re going to need a good gluten free flour to thicken the gravy.
Our go-to for all sauces and gravies is gfJules, it functions just as regular wheat flour would to lend a creamy texture without any grittiness – and there’s no funky aftertaste. Others we have used include Better Batter, Cup4Cup, and Grandpa’s Kitchen.
The ingredients list for this gravy recipe is pretty simple: Sausage, gluten free flour, salt and pepper, and milk. Be sure all your ingredients are gluten free, especially the sausage (we used Jimmy Dean).
We used 2% milk, but you could easily make this gravy more rich and creamy by using whole milk or substituting 1/4-1/2 cup evaporated milk or cream for an equal amount of the milk.
It’s also easy to season this gravy to your taste preference. Seasoned salt will give your gravy an added depth of flavor (we like Real Salt seasoned salt best), but feel free to use plain old S&P if that’s what you have on hand.
If you’re new to gluten free cooking and baking, this recipe is for you! Its incredibly simple and uses ingredients that you likely have on hand, or will be easy to find. Enjoy these gluten free biscuits and gravy for breakfast, brunch, or dinner, they’re great any time of day 🙂
You’ll find a printable of the gravy recipe below, but don’t forget to print off a biscuit recipe, too! Here they are:
- 4-Ingredient Easy Gluten Free Biscuits
- Gluten Free Biscuits
- Gluten Free Cheesy Green Chile Biscuits
- Gluten Free Copycat Cheddar Bay Biscuits (on the Blendtec site)
And if you’re looking for another savory breakfast option, check out this Potato Crust Quiche Lorraine!
- 1/2 lb gluten free sausage (we used Jimmy Dean)
- 2 T high quality gluten free flour (we recommend gfJules, Cup4Cup, Better Batter, or Grandpa's Kitchen)
- 2 cups whole milk (for creamier version, use 1 3/4 cup whole milk and 1/4 cup cream or evaporated milk)
- Seasoned salt, salt, and pepper to taste
- Gluten Free Biscuits (see notes for links)
- Brown sausage in a skillet.
- Once browned, stir in gluten free flour and continue to cook over medium heat for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Pour in milk fairly quickly while stirring and continue to stir until thick and gravy-like.
- Season with seasoned salt, salt, and pepper to taste. We used between 1/4 tsp and 1/2 tsp pepper, plus seasoned salt.
- Split biscuits in half and serve with a large scoop of the sausage gravy.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 211Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 518mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 0gSugar: 5gProtein: 8g