Start your morning off with a bang! This yogurt parfait is packed with protein, fiber, and antioxidants but it definitely isn’t lacking in flavor! It will leave you feeling satisfied and ready to make your day nothing less than amazing.
By now you all know how much I adore chocolate.
To be honest I would eat chocolate-containing treats for breakfast, snacks, lunch, (and probably dinner) every day if I could get away with it. Unfortunately, I have learned that while a little chocolate here and there might be beneficial, it just shouldn’t be your main source of calories. I’ve also found, as I’m betting you have, that my quality of life is SO much higher when I really take care of myself by making conscious decisions about what I put into my mouth.
I also love variety (dark, milk, semi-sweet, dark…OK I’ll quit), but surprisingly enough I almost always eat the same thing for breakfast. It’s something that I’ve found gets me through the morning with the energy I need to get kids off to school, chase the littles around, keep the house tidy, and develop lots of yummy recipes for the fam and all of you. Not all breakfast foods can do that!
My go-to breakfast is a yogurt parfait with Plain Greek Yogurt, berries, and some kind of crunchy topping. Toasted nuts, homemade granola, etc. It’s a beautiful thing. Well, A few weeks ago, I got a box of a new-to-me product called Foodie Fuel in the mail and as soon as I had tasted it, I knew it would taste perfect in my breakfast parfaits!
The fun thing about Foodie Fuel is it comes in 4 different flavors: Butter Toffee, Cinnamon Ginger, Coconut Vanilla, and…wait for it…Swiss Chocolate. Now, health foods tend to get a bad rap because they boast flavors like these that make you drool, and then when you take your first bite you feel like you have a mouthful of dirt. Orrrrr maybe that’s just me.
I was so pleasantly surprised when I bit into these snacks, they really do taste good! In fact, I will just throw in some transparency here and tell you that in the past couple of weeks, 4 packages of Foodie Fuel have been consumed and the other members of our family didn’t really help me eat it all. You see, when I hit that afternoon slump and feel like I need a handful of chocolate chips (tell me I’m not the only one!) I would instead reach for a handful of the Swiss Chocolate Foodie Fuel, or enjoy some of the Butter Toffee with a little dark chocolate. It gave me a boost of energy, kept me full until dinner, and felt like an indulgence but without all the junk and guilt.
Here’s the skinny on Foodie Fuel, and then I’ll get right to this game-changing breakfast recipe you’re dying to try (you know you are!)
Foodie Fuel is gluten free (obviously), vegan, paleo friendly, certified organic, and non-GMO. While it has a little sugar, it’s from coconut sugar so these snacks are low glycemic and are also balanced with complete protein and healthy fats. The ingredients are impressive-there’s nothing artificial and I know what every ingredient is. It’s just real stuff that you feel good about eating and feeding to your family.
On to these amazing breakfast parfaits! I took the photos in the late afternoon, shortly before dinner time. I hadn’t planned it that way but…life. You get it. My kids were drooling over them and I had to swat a few hands away, until the photoshoot was over. They dove right in and ruined their supper. Of course, this happenened to be on a day that I put a meal in the crock pot, or else we really could have just enjoyed the parfaits and I could have had the day off cooking.
This is such a fun breakfast idea that can be assembled in minutes and eaten on-the-go or even packed as a healthy lunch. Everyone in our family devours these yummy parfaits, even the picky toddler! It’s fun to switch up the flavors by adding different flavors of Foodie Fuel. You can experiment and find the combo you enjoy the most!
- If you want larger pieces of Foodie Fuel, or are just short on time, you can easily break them apart with your hands. If you’re after a finer crumble, you can toss them in a Ziploc and whack a few times with a rolling pin until you get the texture you’re after.
- Feel free to substitute different berries and Foodie Fuel flavors to make new flavor combos!
- Sweeten to taste. If you’re not used to plain Greek yogurt, you may want to sweeten yours a little more than I do. Now that I’m used to eating yogurt this way, I can’t stand the overly sweet stuff.
High Protein Breakfast Parfait with Blueberry, Vanilla, and Toasted Coconut
Yield 1 parfait
Start your morning off with a bang! This yogurt parfait is packed with protein, fiber, and antioxidants but it definitely isn't lacking in flavor! It will leave you feeling satisfied and ready to make your day nothing less than amazing.
- 8 oz plain Greek yogurt
- 1/8 tsp vanilla
- Sweetener of choice, to taste (I use a little honey or 1 tsp of Truvia)
- 1/3 cup blueberries (fresh is best but you can use frozen ones that have been thawed)
- 1 serving Foodie Fuel, broken into pieces (I used Coconut Vanilla)
- 1 T toasted coconut
- Stir together yogurt, vanilla, and sweetener.
- Layer half the yogurt mixture, half the blueberries, half the Foodie Fuel, and half the toasted coconut in a parfait glass, regular glass, Mason jar, or bowl.
- Top with remaining yogurt, blueberries, Foodie Fuel, and toasted coconut.
- If you're going to be serving later, you might want to keep the Foodie Fuel separate so it stays crisp.