Keep the grater in the cupboard for this gluten free zucchini bread! This recipe is SO easy, simply toss the ingredients in your blender and bake.
Zucchini bread is a long standing favorite of mine, and years ago a friend introduced me to one of the most revolutionary ideas of all time (really): Making zucchini bread in a blender.
Making this gluten-free zucchini bread recipe in a blender means no grating, which saves a lot of time! It also means this gluten free quick bread recipe is extra soft (dare I say moist?), which is a must.
Honestly, this moist zucchini bread is the absolute best way to enjoy zucchini season!
WAIT! Don’t lose this post! Save this image on Pinterest
INGREDIENTS IN GLUTEN FREE ZUCCHINI BREAD
This is a super easy recipe with simple ingredients you probably already have on hand. As a reminder, whenever you’re doing gluten-free baking always check labels for each ingredient to be sure it is safe.
Amounts and full instructions are included in the recipe card below.
- neutral oil such as avocado oil, vegetable oil, or canola oil. I do not recommend using olive oil because of its strong flavor profile.
- large eggs at room temperature
- vanilla extract
- fresh zucchini
- white sugar Blending the zucchini adds a lot of moisture, so there is no need for brown sugar.
- gluten free flour I like Cup4Cup all purpose flour or King Arthur Measure for Measure. There is no need to add xanthan gum to this recipe if using a flour blend like these ones that already have it included.
- baking powder
HOW DO YOU MAKE GLUTEN FREE BLENDER ZUCCHINI BREAD?
It’s super easy to make gluten-free zucchini bread this way! Because you’re combining all the ingredients in a blender, there is no need to use shredded zucchini. Here’s what you’ll do:
- Blend wet ingredients (which include oil, eggs, vanilla) and zucchini together in a blender until you have 4 cups mixture. You might need to add more zucchini if needed to reach the 4 cups.
- Add remaining dry ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Spray each loaf pan (8 mini or 2 regular) with cooking spray.
- Pour zucchini bread batter into pans.
- Preheat oven. Letting batter sit while you preheat oven eliminates any gritty texture.
- Bake until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out dry. Be careful not to over bake, as they could become dry.
- Let cool in pans for 10 minutes before removing to wire rack, then cool completely before slicing.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container or cover with plastic wrap. You can store in the fridge up to 7 days, counter up to 2, or freeze for longer.
WHAT GLUTEN FREE FLOUR SHOULD I USE FOR GLUTEN FREE ZUCCHINI BREAD?
Any gluten free flour that works well in quick bread/muffin recipes will work great here. I have personally tested this gf zucchini bread recipe with Better Batter, Bob’s Red Mill 1:1, Cup4Cup, King Arthur Measure for Measure, my own gluten free flour recipe, and gfJules.
While I love gfJules for many other recipes, it is a little too starchy for this particular recipe. All of the other blends worked well but Cup4Cup and King Arthur are my favorites.
MORE GLUTEN-FREE ZUCCHINI RECIPES:
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Do I need to peel the zucchini?
No, just wash the zucchini, slice off the ends, and chop in large pieces.
Which gluten free flour works best in this quick bread recipe?
I recommend using Cup4Cup or King Arthur Measure for Measure. Better Batter or my own flour mix recipe work well (linked above and below). I do not recommend gfJules for this recipe.
I don’t have a blender, can I make this without one?
A good quality food processor should also work.
GLUTEN FREE ZUCCHINI BREAD RECIPE
- 1 cup neutral oil such as avocado or canola
- 3 large eggs
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- About 3 cups chunks of zucchini (about 1 very largezucchini)
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups gluten free flour (see notes)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Blend oil, eggs, vanilla and 2 1/2 cups zucchini together in a blender until you have 4 cups mixture. Add more zucchini if needed to reach the 4 cups.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Spray loaf pans (8 mini or 2 regular, or any combination) with cooking spray.
- Pour batter into pans.
- Preheat oven to 350° F (letting batter sit while you preheat oven eliminates any gritty texture).
- Bake large loaves for 35-40 minutes, mini loaves 17-22 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Be careful not to over bake, as they could become dry.
- Let cool in pans for 10 minutes before removing to cooling rack, then cool completely before slicing.
- Store in plastic bags in fridge up to 7 days, counter up to 2, or freeze for longer.
- I have tested this recipe with Bob's Red Mill 1:1, Cup4Cup, King Arthur Measure for Measure, my gluten free flour mix recipe, and Better Batter. They all work great! Although I love gfJules for other recipes, it is too starchy for this one.
- To make chocolate zucchini bread, add 1/4 cup cocoa powder and 1/2 teaspoon baking soda with the flour, then stirring in 1 1/2 cups mini chocolate chips to the batter.
- One reader made Black Forest zucchini bread by adding 3 T cocoa, 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips, and 1 cup dried cherries. Another baked it in a bundt pan. It's a very versatile recipe and will turn out fantastic any way you make it!
- Any blender will work, but if you're looking for a new blender, I LOVE my Blendtec which is linked below. You could also probably use a good quality food processor.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Blendtec Total Classic Original Blender with FourSide Jar (75oz volume/32 oz Wet/Dry Fillable), Professional-Grade Power, 6 Pre-programmed Cycles, 10-speeds, Black
Rumford Baking Powder
USA Pan Bakeware Aluminized Steel Loaf Pan, 1 Pound, Silver
Bob's Red Mill 1:1 Gluten Free Flour
Gluten Free Mexican Vanilla
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 231Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 160mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 1gSugar: 17gProtein: 3g