A beautiful and ridiculously easy gluten free cake packed with pistachio flavor. Perfect for any occasion!
This post contains affiliate links, please see full disclosure.
Of all the gluten free recipes to make, two varieties are the easiest to master: gluten free waffles, and gluten free cake.
The texture of cake is forgiving of different types of flours, and most people are already familiar with making cake (bread is another story entirely…) which makes gluten free cake a pretty easy adjustment.
There are some great gluten free cake mixes that are easy to find on just about any store shelf. We have had success with both Pillsbury and Betty Crocker brands of gluten free cake mixes. TIP: I always add 1/3 cup sour cream to boxed cake mixes to make them taste more like homemade 🙂
This Pistachio Gluten Free Cake features a Betty Crocker yellow cake mix and a few other simple ingredients, so it’s very quick and easy to make!
I’ve always been a HUGE fan of pistachio-flavored recipes. Growing up, my mom made a pistachio salad for just about every occasion, St. Patrick’s Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas…It was a simple salad but the flavors were just right.
She still makes it to this day and I kind of feel like a little kid when she brings it over 🙂 It’s such a special recipe that I posted the recipe for Pistachio Salad on the blog, so be sure to check it out!
Right now, I’m loving bundt cake. I’ve been experimenting with a few different flavors, and so far this Pistachio Gluten Free Cake is my favorite.
Of course, you can bake this in a simple 9×13″ pan if you want, but a bundt pan is a simple way to make an ordinary cake into a beautiful centerpiece.
A simple dusting of powdered sugar is all you need to serve this cake, but if you happen to have some white chocolate and chopped pistachios, you can make this easy gluten free cake into an elegant dessert that will be the star of the party!
—>>>If you’re looking for more pistachio recipes, check out my other favorite: Gluten Free Pistachio Pudding Dessert from My Gluten-Free Kitchen.
Pistachio Gluten Free Cake
- 1 box Pillsbury Gluten Free Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 (3.4 oz) box gluten free pistachio pudding
- 1 1/4 cups milk (we used 2%)
- 4 eggs, room temp
- 1/3 cup neutral oil
- 8-10 drops green food coloring, if you want
- white chocolate and chopped pecans, or powdered sugar for topping
- Combine all ingredients and mix according to package directions.
- Grease a bundt pan or 9x13" and bake according to directions on cake mix box.
- When cake is done, let cool for 5 minutes and then remove to cool on a wire rack (only if you're using a bundt pan)
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar, or drizzle with melted white chocolate and immediately sprinkle with chopped pistachios, gently pressing the pistachios so they stick. Let cake cool completely before serving.