Take your guacamole to a whole new level by making BACON GUACAMOLE! Roasting the avocados brings a depth of flavor that is irresistible when paired with smokey bacon. No need to worry about what to do with the leftovers-there won’t be any!
This post may contain affiliate links, please see my full disclosure for details. Thank you for supporting Life After Wheat!
There’s only ONE THING better than guacamole…and it’s BACON GUACAMOLE. Our family loves a good guac, and this recipe is our fav! It’s the perfect recipe for tailgaiting or any kind of party because of its unique taste.
Avocados are one of the most versatile foods, and I wanted to really make this recipe special. Did you know you can ROAST avocados?? the combination of brushing the avocados with lime juice, then roasting them, keeps this guac from turning brown for quite a while, making it the perfect make-ahead party dish!
Don’t let the roasted avocados scare you, this is an incredibly simple and easy recipe that will be done in about 30 minutes and there are so many ways to enjoy it! Get creative by spreading bacon guacamole on toast, making an open faced sandwich, or dipping different types of chips.
We used RW Garcia Sweet Potato crackers (which you can see in the photos), which we keep on hand because they’re great for dipping and go great with the flavor of this guac. This is in no way sponsored by RW Garcia, we just like the crackers 🙂 You can mostly likely find them at your local Costco for a pretty good price.
This bacon guacamole is perfect for parties because it’s a crowd favorite and it’s a guac that doesn’t easily brown. Feel free to double the recipe to keep your guests snacking during the game or your next party!
Roasted Avocado & Bacon Guacamole
Yield 6 servings
Take your guacamole up to a whole new level! Roasting the avocados brings a depth of flavor that is irresistible when paired with smokey bacon. No need to worry about what to do with the leftovers-there won't be any!
- 6 slices bacon
- 3 avocados
- Juice from 1 lime
- 2-3 small cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4-1/2 tsp salt
- chili powder to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a large baking sheet with foil, being sure it has a lip on all sides so the bacon grease won't drip off. Or you can use a broiler pan.
- Lay the bacon on your prepared baking sheet and generously sprinkle both sides with pepper.
- Bake for 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, line another large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Prepare avocados by cutting each one in half lengthwise, scooping out the pit, then carefully separating each half from its peel. Cut each half in 4 slices lengthwise and lay on the parchment covered pan. With a pastry brush, gently brush the avocado slices with half the lime juice.
- When it's been 7 minutes, flip the bacon and return the bacon and avocados to the oven and bake another 7-10 minutes until bacon is crispy and avocados are browning on the bottom but still tender.
- Remove from the oven and lay bacon on paper towels.
- In a medium bowl, mash the avocados. You can use a food processor if you want or just use a fork. Leave it chunky or make it smooth, however you like it!
- Add the remaining lime juice, crumbled bacon (leave a little out for garnish), minced garlic (2 or 3 cloves depending on how much you love garlic), sour cream, salt, and a dash or 2 of chili powder.
- Stir until combined, taste, and add more salt/chili powder to get the flavor you want. Serve with your favorite gluten free crackers or chips!
- You can reduce the sodium by using Kroger brand lower sodium bacon (it's also labelled gluten free) and subbing reduced sodium salt.
- Use avocados that are ripe, but not too ripe. No one likes a brown guacamole 😉