Desserts

Nutella Frosting

the classic creamy texture of Nutella except in a pipeable frosting form. Simple yet decadent, it's the perfect way to fancy up whatever treat you might be making! Brownies? Strawberries? Graham Crackers?

Funfetti Cupcakes with Nutella FrostingHi. My name is Celeste and I’m addicted to Nutella. No seriously, it’s a condition. If you haven’t checked out my Nutella Stuffed Rice Krispie Treats yet, come over any time and we’re likely to have some on hand. And that recipe opened up a whole new world to me because, really, is there anything Nutella wouldn’t taste good with?

Pillsbury Gluten Free Funfetti Cake Mix (Oh yeah!)

When I found the new Pillsbury Funfetti cake mixes at my local Target for $2.50 a box (I’m sure people walking the aisles were a little confused by my excitement in the baking aisle), I knew I had to buy a few 10 15 2 dozen.

Funfetti Cupcakes with Nutella Frosting

Of course, if we were going to celebrate properly, we would need a killer frosting to go with it. Seriously folks, it’s a BIG moment.

Funfetti Cupcakes with Nutella Frosting

The new Pillsbury Funfetti Cupcake Mix did not disappoint, and WOW. This Nutella frosting is truly knock-your-socks-off good. It has the classic creamy texture of Nutella except in a pipeable frosting form. Simple yet decadent, it’s the perfect way to fancy up whatever treat you might be making! Brownies? Strawberries? Graham Crackers? The possibilities are endless.Funfetti Cupcakes with Nutella Frosting

Nutella Frosting

ThereIsLifeAfterWheat.com

*gluten-free *soy-free *egg-free *oat-free

Ingredients

Instructions:

1. Using a stand mixer with whisk attachment (or a large bowl and regular mixer), beat butter 1 minute on medium-high speed.
  2. Add Nutella and cream for another minute on medium-high speed.
  3. Add powdered sugar and mix until combined. It will look very powdery and won’t be frosting consistency yet.
  4. Add 1 T milk while the mixer is running. Add milk 1/2 T at a time, mixing thoroughly after each addition, until desired consistency is reached.
  5. Use this frosting to frost cupcakes or brownies, make graham cracker sandwiches, stuff strawberries or raspberries…the possibilities are endless!

This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase something through these links, I will receive compensation. As always, I only link to products that we use and love and therefore think you will love, too!

You Might Also Like

13 Comments

Gloria
    August 11, 2015 at 5:11 pm

My husband would love this! He used to eat nutella all the time 🙂

folkbird
    August 11, 2015 at 9:42 pm

I didn’t know there was GF funfetti mix!! BLESS. I would’ve stocked up too!

LifeAfterWheat
      August 12, 2015 at 9:12 am

It’s the simple things, you know? Like yellow cake with sprinkles 🙂 We enjoyed it.

Jules Shepard
    August 12, 2015 at 11:43 am

Nutella frosting!??! Sounds like a sweet dream come true!!!

LifeAfterWheat
      August 12, 2015 at 1:52 pm

It is Jules! And I’m betting it would be AMAZING on your brownies!

Leah | Grain Changer
    August 12, 2015 at 2:40 pm

I’m a probably-need-to-be-checked-into-nutella-rehab Nutella addict, too! Can’t get enough of the stuff so I CANNOT WAIT to make this. Plus I have just shy of 2 dozen gluten-free funfetti mixes just begging to be topped with this frosting. So glad to hear the mix is good. WOOT!

LifeAfterWheat
      August 12, 2015 at 3:38 pm

Oh Leah, we will have to meet up someday and have a Nutella binge fest! This frosting goes perfectly with those cupcakes so enjoy!

Audrey @ Unconventional Baker
    August 13, 2015 at 11:59 pm

Nutella frosting on a funfetti cupcake — sounds like childhood dreams come true 🙂 ♥

50+ Delicious Gluten-Free Cakes
    September 5, 2015 at 10:07 am

[…] Nutella Frosting (pictured) […]

coolchillmom
    October 18, 2015 at 8:50 am

wow I am a Nutella addict too 🙂 thanks for sharing at the best of the blogosphere link up

daydreamingbeauty
    October 18, 2015 at 8:21 pm

If only they made Nutella with a dairy free option! This looks SO delicious! I had a similar excited moment when I found the Gluten Free Funfetti mix for my daughters birthday. She was thrilled too! Thanks for linking up with us at the Best of the Blogosphere! We’d love to have you back tomorrow for a new week. 🙂

LifeAfterWheat
      October 19, 2015 at 7:07 am

I’ll stop by! We often use Justin’s Chocolate Hazelnut Spread for a sub (check out my Nutella Stuffed Rice Krispie Treats!) but haven’t tried that with the frosting yet-but I bet it could work if you added a little extra almond milk. Let me know if you try it!