Nutella Frosting

the classic creamy texture of Nutella except in a pipeable frosting form. Simple yet decadent, it's the perfect way to fancy up whatever treat you might be making! Brownies? Strawberries? Graham Crackers?

Nutella Frosting is an easy and decadent frosting that will take your cupcakes or cake to the next level!

Nutella is one of those foods that you either love or hate. While I don’t love Nutella in everything and certainly wouldn’t want to eat it by the spoonful, I love the depth of flavor it gives when you add it to a treat. Enter Nutella Frosting

Take a plain ol’ cupcake and top it with Nutella Frosting? Now it’s pretty amazing 🙂

Looking for more Nutella Inspiration? We make these Nutella Stuffed Rice Krispie Treats ALL THE TIME, and we’re pretty sure that since you’re here, you’ll love that recipe, too 😉

When I found the new Pillsbury Funfetti cake mixes at my local Target for $2.50 a box I knew I had to buy a few. Pillsbury makes a pretty good gluten free cake mix, but adding Nutella frosting and a few sprinkles really takes these to the next level!

The new Pillsbury Funfetti Cupcake Mix did not disappoint, and WOW. This Nutella frosting is truly knock-your-socks-off good. It has the classic creamy texture of Nutella except in a pipe-able frosting form.

Simple yet decadent, it’s the perfect way to fancy up whatever treat you might be making! We’ve been known to pull this out as a dip for strawberries or a filling for gluten free graham cracker sandwiches (Schar are our fav). Let us know what you top with this Nutella Frosting!

MAKING THIS RECIPE??? Snap a photo and tag @LifeAfterWheat on social media – we love seeing what you make!

Nutella Frosting

Ingredients

Instructions

1. Using a stand mixer with whisk attachment (or a large bowl and regular mixer), beat butter 1 minute on medium-high speed.
  2. Add Nutella and cream for another minute on medium-high speed.
  3. Add powdered sugar and mix until combined. It will look very powdery and won't be frosting consistency yet.
  4. Add 1 T milk while the mixer is running. Add milk 1/2 T at a time, mixing thoroughly after each addition, until desired consistency is reached.
  5. Use this frosting to frost cupcakes or brownies, make graham cracker sandwiches, stuff strawberries or raspberries...the possibilities are endless!

You Might Also Like

13 Comments

Gloria
    August 11, 2015 at 5:11 pm

My husband would love this! He used to eat nutella all the time 🙂

folkbird
    August 11, 2015 at 9:42 pm

I didn’t know there was GF funfetti mix!! BLESS. I would’ve stocked up too!

LifeAfterWheat
      August 12, 2015 at 9:12 am

It’s the simple things, you know? Like yellow cake with sprinkles 🙂 We enjoyed it.

Jules Shepard
    August 12, 2015 at 11:43 am

Nutella frosting!??! Sounds like a sweet dream come true!!!

LifeAfterWheat
      August 12, 2015 at 1:52 pm

It is Jules! And I’m betting it would be AMAZING on your brownies!

Leah | Grain Changer
    August 12, 2015 at 2:40 pm

I’m a probably-need-to-be-checked-into-nutella-rehab Nutella addict, too! Can’t get enough of the stuff so I CANNOT WAIT to make this. Plus I have just shy of 2 dozen gluten-free funfetti mixes just begging to be topped with this frosting. So glad to hear the mix is good. WOOT!

LifeAfterWheat
      August 12, 2015 at 3:38 pm

Oh Leah, we will have to meet up someday and have a Nutella binge fest! This frosting goes perfectly with those cupcakes so enjoy!

Audrey @ Unconventional Baker
    August 13, 2015 at 11:59 pm

Nutella frosting on a funfetti cupcake — sounds like childhood dreams come true 🙂 ♥

50+ Delicious Gluten-Free Cakes
    September 5, 2015 at 10:07 am

[…] Nutella Frosting (pictured) […]

coolchillmom
    October 18, 2015 at 8:50 am

wow I am a Nutella addict too 🙂 thanks for sharing at the best of the blogosphere link up

daydreamingbeauty
    October 18, 2015 at 8:21 pm

If only they made Nutella with a dairy free option! This looks SO delicious! I had a similar excited moment when I found the Gluten Free Funfetti mix for my daughters birthday. She was thrilled too! Thanks for linking up with us at the Best of the Blogosphere! We’d love to have you back tomorrow for a new week. 🙂

LifeAfterWheat
      October 19, 2015 at 7:07 am

I’ll stop by! We often use Justin’s Chocolate Hazelnut Spread for a sub (check out my Nutella Stuffed Rice Krispie Treats!) but haven’t tried that with the frosting yet-but I bet it could work if you added a little extra almond milk. Let me know if you try it!