Nutella Frosting is an easy and decadent frosting that will take your cupcakes or cake to the next level!
Nutella is one of those foods that you either love or hate. While I don’t love Nutella in everything and certainly wouldn’t want to eat it by the spoonful, I love the depth of flavor it gives when you add it to a treat. Enter Nutella Frosting
Take a plain ol’ cupcake and top it with Nutella Frosting? Now it’s pretty amazing 🙂
Looking for more Nutella Inspiration? We make these Nutella Stuffed Rice Krispie Treats ALL THE TIME, and we’re pretty sure that since you’re here, you’ll love that recipe, too 😉
When I found the new Pillsbury Funfetti cake mixes at my local Target for $2.50 a box I knew I had to buy a few. Pillsbury makes a pretty good gluten free cake mix, but adding Nutella frosting and a few sprinkles really takes these to the next level!
The new Pillsbury Funfetti Cupcake Mix did not disappoint, and WOW. This Nutella frosting is truly knock-your-socks-off good. It has the classic creamy texture of Nutella except in a pipe-able frosting form.
Simple yet decadent, it’s the perfect way to fancy up whatever treat you might be making! We’ve been known to pull this out as a dip for strawberries or a filling for gluten free graham cracker sandwiches (Schar are our fav). Let us know what you top with this Nutella Frosting!
MAKING THIS RECIPE??? Snap a photo and tag @LifeAfterWheat on social media – we love seeing what you make!
- 1/4 cup salted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Nutella Hazelnut Spread
- 2 cups Powdered Sugar
- 2-3 Tablespoons milk of your choice
- Using a stand mixer with whisk attachment (or a large bowl and regular mixer), beat butter 1 minute on medium-high speed.
- Add Nutella and cream for another minute on medium-high speed.
- Add powdered sugar and mix until combined. It will look very powdery and won't be frosting consistency yet.
- Add 1ablespoon T milk while the mixer is running. Add milk 1/2 Tablespoon at a time, mixing thoroughly after each addition, until desired consistency is reached.
- Use this frosting to frost cupcakes or brownies, make graham cracker sandwiches, stuff strawberries or raspberries...the possibilities are endless!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 260Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 55mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 1gSugar: 35gProtein: 2g