Hi. My name is Celeste and I’m addicted to Nutella. No seriously, it’s a condition. If you haven’t checked out my Nutella Stuffed Rice Krispie Treats yet, come over any time and we’re likely to have some on hand. And that recipe opened up a whole new world to me because, really, is there anything Nutella wouldn’t taste good with?
When I found the new Pillsbury Funfetti cake mixes at my local Target for $2.50 a box (I’m sure people walking the aisles were a little confused by my excitement in the baking aisle), I knew I had to buy
a few 10 15 2 dozen.
Of course, if we were going to celebrate properly, we would need a killer frosting to go with it. Seriously folks, it’s a BIG moment.
The new Pillsbury Funfetti Cupcake Mix did not disappoint, and WOW. This Nutella frosting is truly knock-your-socks-off good. It has the classic creamy texture of Nutella except in a pipeable frosting form. Simple yet decadent, it’s the perfect way to fancy up whatever treat you might be making! Brownies? Strawberries? Graham Crackers? The possibilities are endless.
*gluten-free *soy-free *egg-free *oat-free
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Nutella Hazelnut Spread
- 2 cups Powdered Sugar
- 2-3 T milk of your choice (I used Cashew Milk)
- Using a stand mixer with whisk attachment (or a large bowl and regular mixer), beat butter 1 minute on medium-high speed.
- Add Nutella and cream for another minute on medium-high speed.
- Add powdered sugar and mix until combined. It will look very powdery and won’t be frosting consistency yet.
- Add 1 T milk while the mixer is running. Add milk 1/2 T at a time, mixing thoroughly after each addition, until desired consistency is reached.
- Use this frosting to frost cupcakes or brownies, make graham cracker sandwiches, stuff strawberries or raspberries…the possibilities are endless!
This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase something through these links, I will receive compensation. As always, I only link to products that we use and love and therefore think you will love, too!