I think we can all agree that living a gluten free lifestyle can be time consuming. Bring on the easy crock pot dinners!
We love the Mayacamas Brown Gravy Mixes and always keep a stockpile in the pantry. They work beautifully in this easy peasy recipe!
Pop a few ingredients in the slow cooker, heat for a few hours, and voila! Dinner is served.
Slow Cooker Stroganoff
*gluten-free *soy-free *oat-free *egg-free *can be dairy-free
- To make dairy-free, use 1 1/2 cups water and omit the sour cream. Serve over noodles or rice.
- 1 lb sirloin steak or lean beef stew meat, cut into 1/2″-1″ cubes
- 2 packets gluten free Brown Gravy Mix (I use Mayacamas)
- 1 cup water
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1 (8 oz) package fresh sliced mushrooms, optional
- In a slow cooker, stir together stew meat, gravy mix, water, a few dashes of pepper, and mushrooms if using.
- Cover and cook on low 5-6 hours, until meat is tender and gravy has thickened. If I’m in a hurry I will cook on high for 2 hours and then reduce to low for another hour or two until done.
- Stir in Sour cream and serve immediately or reduce to keep warm setting.
- Serve over rice, mashed potatoes, or noodles. We have used Sam Mills gf corn fettucini noodles and Barilla rotini, as well as rice and quinoa. I often cook up extra mashed potatoes for our Sunday dinner and reheat the leftovers mid-week to have with the stroganoff. Makes for a super easy meal!
This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase something through these links, I will receive compensation. As always, I only link to products that we use and love and therefore think you will love, too!