I think we can all agree that living a gluten free lifestyle can be time consuming. Bring on the easy crock pot dinners!
We love the Mayacamas Brown Gravy Mixes, but you can use any gluten free brown gravy mix.
Pop a few ingredients in the slow cooker, heat for a few hours, and voila! Dinner is served.
Slow Cooker Stroganoff
*gluten-free *soy-free *oat-free *egg-free *can be dairy-free
- To make dairy-free, use 1 1/2 cups water and omit the sour cream. Serve over noodles or rice.
- 1 lb sirloin steak or lean beef stew meat, cut into 1/2″-1″ cubes
- 2 packets gluten free Brown Gravy Mix (I use Mayacamas)
- 1 cup water
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1 (8 oz) package fresh sliced mushrooms, optional
- In a slow cooker, stir together stew meat, gravy mix, water, a few dashes of pepper, and mushrooms if using.
- Cover and cook on low 5-6 hours, until meat is tender and gravy has thickened. If I’m in a hurry I will cook on high for 2 hours and then reduce to low for another hour or two until done.
- Stir in Sour cream and serve immediately or reduce to keep warm setting.
- Serve over rice, mashed potatoes, or noodles. We have used Sam Mills gf corn fettucini noodles and Barilla rotini, as well as rice and quinoa. I often cook up extra mashed potatoes for our Sunday dinner and reheat the leftovers mid-week to have with the stroganoff. Makes for a super easy meal!
This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase something through these links, I will receive compensation. As always, I only link to products that we use and love and therefore think you will love, too!