Gluten free shopping can be a real challenge, which is why I’m sharing one of my favorite resources with you today: Thrive Market. Thrive Market offers a huge selection of gluten free products at a discounted price, check out my favorites and snag a coupon for 25% off your first order!
This post may contain affiliate links. When you purchase something through one of these links, I receive a small comission which helps me to bring you more FREE content. Everything I link to is either personally vetted by me (most of these items are), or something I have researched and think my own family would enjoy. Thank you so much for supporting Life After Wheat!
As a gluten free blogger/recipe developer, I am asked all the time what my favorite products are.
You’re tired of going to half a dozen stores and finding a skimpy selection.
You’re probably also frustrated by spending $4 for a box of crackers or $7 for a loaf of bread only to want to toss it in the trash after the first bite.
And I get it! My family has been doing gluten free for almost 9 years now (what?!) and I have had so many of those experiences. When we first began, we were on a super tight budget, living in a 2-bedroom apartment with 2 kids and one on the way and let me tell you, the pre-packaged gluten free products were not great.
As a way to save money and actually enjoy food, I began creating my own recipes which you’ll find here on the blog, and making everything from scratch.
Over time, the gluten free market has expanded and I’ve been tasting and sharing my favorite products as a way to help you save a few bucks here and there. If I share a product, please know that I truly love it and eat it myself!
One of the best places I’ve found to do my gluten free shopping at a decent price is Thrive Market.
WHAT IS THRIVE MARKET?
Thrive Market is an online store that has one of the BEST gluten free selections at discounted prices
I have some great grocery stores nearby, but I know that many of you live in remote areas without this kind of access, and Thrive Market is a great way to get access to a large selection of gluten free foods when gluten free shopping isn’t a great option locally.
WHY I LOVE GLUTEN FREE SHOPPING AT THRIVE MARKET:
- One word: pasta. If you follow me on social, you probably already know how much I love Jovial pasta. We’ve tried them all, and this one is by far the best. This pasta is made in Italy, and the texture and taste are just like wheat pasta. The reason I buy on Thrive Market is because they have alll the shapes, whereas I can only find a few at any given store. On Thrive, I can find manicotti (!), egg noodles, bow-tie, and more, and all cheaper than my local grocery store.
- Discounts. All products on Thrive are already discounted, but once you sign up they’ll send you periodic discounts. I always wait until a good one comes along, like 20% off my entire order, and then I stock up!
- Selection. As with the pasta, there are just so many gluten free options, and they’re easy to find by selecting the gf filter. There are also filters for vegan, nut free, keto, and many more special diets. They also have health and beauty products, supplements, and more.
Thrive Market works similarly to Costco where you buy an annual membership, and I find that it pays for itself with how much I save on gluten free shopping throughout the year.
They’ll sometimes send you shipping deals, but you can always get free shipping by spending $59 (which is easy to do!). If you would like to try Thrive Market, you can sign up through my link and get 25% off your first order.
Below you’ll find my favorite products, and if you keep scrolling I’m also sharing products I’ve tried and haven’t liked. The list is pretty short right now but I’ll come back and update as needed.
MY FAVORITE PRODUCTS AT THRIVE MARKET
***The products I am sharing are currently labelled as gluten free, and some of them are certified gluten free. Always check labels before purchasing to ensure they fit your dietary needs.
*all Jovial gluten free pasta is certified gluten free
- Taegliatelle (like egg noodles, so good in Chicken Noodle Soup!)
- Penne Rigate
- Cybele’s Free To Eat Superfood Pasta (be careful not to overcook! my favorite is the green lentil cauliflower parsnip)
- Rhythm Zesty Nacho Kale Chips (the only kale chips I like)
- Simple Mills Almond Flour Crackers (You can sometimes find these cheaper at Costco if you have a membership there)
- Primal Snack Mates free range chicken and maple jerkey sticks
- Thrive Market Grass-Fed Beef Sticks
- Pamela’s Whenever Bars
- Harvest Snaps Green Pea Snack Crisps
- Late July Chips (we love the Jalapeno Lime!)
- Go Raw! Sprouted Organic Pumpkin Seeds (great as a salad topper)
- Quinn Snacks Pretzels (peanut butter filled and touch of honey are our favs, but we like all of them)
- Schar Table Crackers (taste like saltines)
- Joolies Pitted Medjool Dates (they have a great, soft texture)
- Patience Dried Fruit
- Any Simple Mills baking mix (love the banana muffin mix)
- Chebe Pizza Crust Mix – it is like Brazilian cheese bread and our family loves it!
- Otto’s Cassava Flour (grain free flour, makes yummy tortillas!)
- Otto’s Cassava Flour Brownie Mix
- One Degree Sprouted Brown Rice Crisps (like Rice Krispies)
- Envirokidz Panda Puffs (like PB Cap’n Crunch, sometimes you can find it on sale for less at a grocery store like Smith’s or Kroger)
- Alter Eco Chocolate
- Simple Mills Cookies (choco chip are my fav!)
- Simple Mills Sweet Thins (I love all the flavors, they taste like really yummy graham crackers and-warning-they are addicting)
- Skinny Dipped Almonds
- Schar Graham Crackers
- Coconut Secret Coconut Aminos (we use for a sub for soy sauce & worcestershire sauce)
- Thrive Market Grass-Fed Collagen Peptides (collagen peptides are my favorite protein powder, doesn’t affect taste or texture. I use it in smoothies and add to muffins, pancakes and waffles. You can often find Vital Proteins brand at Costco which is great and ends up being cheaper)
- Thrive Market Essential Oils (they are a bit less potent than some more expensive brands, but still seem to be good quality.
- Thrive Market Basmati Rice (if you like basmati rice, it’s often less expensive to buy a different brand at Costco)
- Love Beets
- Thrive Market Everything Bagel Seasoning (try it on avocado toast or fried eggs)
WHAT I DON’T LIKE AT THRIVE MARKET
- Thrive Market gluten free brown rice pasta (didn’t care for the taste or texture)
- Nature’s Path Organic Corn Flakes
- Hu chocolate bars (had too strong of a coconut sugar taste/texture for me)
- Revive Sparkling Probiotic Drinks (I just didn’t care for the flavor)
- Joolies Medjool Date Syrup (has a funny taste IMO, I’ve tried multiple flavors and just don’t like it)
- Jovial Grain Free Pasta (while I love gluten free Jovial, I didn’t like the texture of the grain free at all)
As you can see, there are lots of gluten free options at Thrive Market. If you would like to try it for yourself, you can get 25% off your first box HERE.