Tender chicken thighs are coated in a sweet and savory sauce with a hint of rosemary. This gluten free recipe is a simple, fast (read: on the table in 30 minutes), and surprisingly elegant dish that will have everyone asking for seconds!
This Rosemary Ranch Chicken is a long-standing favorite recipe at our house. I absolutely love the taste of rosemary and it pairs so well with the other flavors that are in this simple sauce, plus you can have it on the table in about 30 minutes.
Pair it with some baked potatoes or a pot of coconut rice to make an easy and delicious supper everyone will enjoy.
This recipe is so easy to adapt, too. Our favorite way to devour it is with good quality, boneless skinless chicken things, but you can change it up due to what you have on hand or what your family prefers:
- Sub out chicken tenders or boneless, skinless chicken breasts. If using chicken breasts, half the amount of chicken or double the sauce ingredients and be sure to use thawed meat, never frozen.
- Another fun way to serve this dish is to cut bite-size pieces of chicken, combine with the sauce in a Ziploc bag, and marinate for 30 minutes. Make kabobs using the marinated chicken and grill!
- If you’re going to use the grill, double the marinade and reserve the some for basting.
If you’ve read many of my posts, you’ll know that I’m a huge fan of cast iron cookware. It does a great job of cooking meat evenly throughout. THIS PAN is my favorite and is what I used to cook these gorgeous chicken thighs.
When you try this recipe, be sure to come back and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it and what you paired it with! I love hearing from readers and always make a point to personally respond to each comment.
And if you’re looking for more delicious chicken recipes, check out this one for chicken saag.
Happy Gluten Free cooking! ~Celeste
Notes on this recipe:
- I prefer to use coconut aminos in place of soy sauce, but feel free to use a gluten free soy sauce if you can and want to.
- While this is a quick and easy recipe, please be sure you have time to babysit it the last 5-10 minutes of cooking. Spooning the sauce over gives the chicken that wonderful glaze and the key to meat is always to be sure it’s fully done, but not overcooked. You want it nice and tender. Get out your meat thermometer before you begin this recipe.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 3 T oil (avocado or olive oil are my fav)
- 2 T gluten free ranch dressing (not a lite version)
- 2 T plain Greek yogurt
- 2 T gluten free coconut aminos or gluten free soy sauce
- 1/2 T dried rosemary OR 1 T fresh, chopped
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 T sugar
- Preheat a medium skillet over medium-low heat (I turn mine to almost medium) and lightly grease.
- Whisk together all ingredients except chicken.
- Add chicken to preheated pan and pour prepared sauce over the top.
- Cover and cook 10-15 minutes until chicken is almost done.
- Remove lid so the sauce will thicken. Every minute or two, stir the sauce in the pan and spoon over the chicken thighs. If the bottoms are browning too quickly, flip the chicken or turn the heat down a little.
- Remove chicken once it reaches 165-170 degrees F. Garnish with additional rosemary if desired and serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 330Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 139mgSodium: 623mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 0gSugar: 4gProtein: 28g