Next time you’re shopping for workout gear, check out prAna: a sustainable clothing line featuring comfortable tops, bottoms and even dresses you can sweat in and then wear to work.
Let’s talk exercise for a minute, K? I know, I know, it’s a topic many of us looooove to hate 😉 But starting an exercise program has made a HUGE difference in our lives since Allan was diagnosed with food allergies because dietary restrictions = stress and exercise = less stress. Fill in the blanks with anything else that is stressing you out right now, it surely won’t be difficult to do!
I’m sure you’re feeling it – Our world is becoming more and more fast-paced and busy, medical problems are on the rise. Whatever your cause of stress, there’s one solution that really helps and that is exercise.
Which brings us to prAna. It’s a clothing line for men and women I discovered a few months ago and while I had never heard of the brand before, I was immediately drawn to their outfits that are both cute AND functional. The Annexi pant was calling my name, so I snagged it along with the Mika Strappy Top. Strappy tops always give an extra element of fun to an outfit! I’ve worn the outfit several times, it is SO comfortable that I can literally wear it all day. I was surprised at how well the pants move with me when I’m going for a walk, hiking, or doing my favorite PiYo workout or some yoga. The strappy top has a built-in bra and is cool, soft, and comfy.
A few reasons you should consider buying workout clothes from prAna:
- You will LOVE the texture of their clothes! They are so soft, stretchy, light, and comfortable. At the same time, they’re very functional and appropriate for just about any activity.
- prAna designs clothing that looks good but is versatile enough for any lifestyle and any adventure. It’s common for prAna fans to wear their gear to work and to go for a hike. Check out tip #6 below for more on this form of multitasking 😉
- prAna offers sustainable, recycled, fair trade certified and hemp items. Not only that, but prAna prioritizes giving back to communities all over the world. Do you know where your clothes come from and what sacrifices others make so you can buy them cheap? Something to think about. You can learn more about how prAna gives back and why hemp is such a wonderful, sustainable, and eco-friendly product .
- You can rest assured that prAna’s items are perfect for any journey because all of the designers create and test all of prAna’s clothing based on their own love for outdoor activities. You can learn more here.
- You get a discount code! prAna is offering all of my readers 15% off any order by using the code MSS17LA at checkout. This code is only good for 30 days so don’t wait!
If you’re finding it hard to get into your exercise groove, here are a few tips that have helped me.
6 Tips for Starting an Exercise Routine:
- Find something you love. It can be ANYTHING. Walking. Running. Weight Lifting. Cycling. Swimming. Workout videos at home. Hiking. Tennis. Yoga. Keep trying things until you find your passion. I personally love group classes (see if your community center offers them!) and running is also a favorite. But neither of those were easy at first. See tip #2:
- Be PATIENT. When I first started running, I hated it. Loathed it. Dreaded it. After a dozen or so runs, I experienced my first running “high” and I was hooked. Don’t expect it to automatically be great, but I promise it will be if you stick with it enough (and it’s something you grow to love).
- Be consistent. Set a time, lay out your workout clothes ahead of time, and just make it happen. You will be happier and more productive. You will be a better spouse, parent, friend and person. You will get more done and sleep better too!
- It’s not optional. You’re doing this for your health. For your happiness and peace of mind. Schedule it, make it happen, and thank me later 😉
- Make it fun! Find something you love and splurge on some cute (or cool) workout gear that you’ll be excited to wear. Turn on your favorite tunes, listen to an audiobook, make it indulgent and fun!
- Showering is optional. I have 4 kids and run my own business. Working out isn’t optional, but showering sure is 😉 and so is that batch of clothes that needs to be folded. I make a point of spending quality time with my family and getting my workout in first thing, and I’m a much happier and a more productive person when I stick with that.
So bottom line? There’s no one-size-fits-all approach to exercise. Try lots of different types of exercise to find what’s right for your personality type and your body. Find it, stick with it, make it a priority. And get some cute clothes 😉 (be sure to use the 15% off discount code: MSS17LA)
What’s your favorite workout?? What motivates you to exercise? Tell us in the comments below!