The holidays can be hard when you’re gluten free, and they’re even more difficult when you also can’t have dairy. Here’s an easy, 3 ingredient gluten free gravy recipe that’s also dairy free! It’s packed with flavor and a smooth, creamy texture that will have everyone wondering what your secret is.
This post was sponsored by Vivian’s Live Again. As always, I only work with brands I love and use in my own kitchen. Thank you for supporting Life After Wheat and brands I partner with! This post may also contain affiliate links, please see my full disclosure.
If you’re like us, the holidays have been one of the most difficult challenges since starting a gluten free lifestyle. These are usually times when you get together with friends and family over incredible food that you’ve enjoyed with these same people for years or even decades.
Because so many of our memories are associated with food, changing what you’re able to eat can definitely have an emotional impact on the holidays! Learning to adapt favorite recipes and navigate social events can really help bring some normalcy into life after a gluten free diagnosis such as Celiac Disease or food allergies.
This year, I want to share one of our favorite holiday hacks: an easy 3 ingredient gluten free gravy recipe that is also dairy-free. The secret to this creamy, flavorful gravy? Vivian’s Live Again Chicken Soup mix.
This is a gravy you can serve to your guests and no one will ever guess that it’s gluten free! My kids just couldn’t get enough and kept asking when we could have it again.
The good news is, this gravy is ready in less than 5 minutes! Having a time-saver like that when you’re putting all the finishing touches on your big holiday feast makes life so much easier.
Vivian’s Live Again products are produced in a dedicated gluten free facility that is also free from eggs, nuts, milk, and peanuts.
While I usually share gluten free recipes that are also free from soy, please note that Vivian’s Live Again chicken soup mix does contain soy, but is dairy and gluten free.
Looking for more holiday recipes?
You’ll LOVE these Easy, No-Fail 3-Ingredient Biscuits, Pistachio Salad, and Gluten Free Soft Sugar Cookies with a vegan option!
Easy Gluten Free Gravy Recipe (also Dairy Free)
- 2 cups gluten free chicken broth (regular or reduced sodium)
- 1 package (2 oz) Vivian's Live Again Creamy Chicken Flavor Soup Mix
- 1 T butter (dairy or dairy free substitute)
- Pepper to taste
- Pour chicken broth into a small saucepan.
- Whisk in Vivian's Live Again soup mix.
- Heat over medium, whisking frequently for a few minutes, until it reaches a gravy-like consistency.
- Reduce heat to low and add the butter, whisking until smooth. Remove from heat and serve immediately.
- Refrigerate any leftovers.
Serving Size 6
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.