Oat Free Granola
Yield 3 1/2 cups granola
Finally, an oat free granola that actually tastes like granola! Use this crunchy, subtly sweet granola as a breakfast cereal, yogurt topper, or on-the-go snack.
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (I used unrefined)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup gluten free quinoa flakes (I used Ancient Harvest)
- 1/2 cup gluten free sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup gluten free pumpkin seeds (Go Raw are our fav)
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup raisins, dried cranberries, or chocolate chips (add after baking)
- Preheat oven to 250 F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, stir together quinoa flakes, sliced almonds, pumpkin seeds, coconut, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Melt coconut oil in microwave or saucepan (just until melted) and whisk in honey and vanilla.
- Stir liquids into dry ingredients until thoroughly mixed and spread onto parchment paper. If you want more clumps of granola, pack it together a little.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours, until it is a light golden brown crispy. It will get a little crispier as it cools.
- Remove from oven and cool completely, then add raisins, dried cranberries, or chocolate chips. Store in an airtight container on the counter.
Recipe by Life After Wheat at https://thereislifeafterwheat.com/2016/09/oat-free-granola/