One Pan Cabbage Casserole
Yield 4 -6 servings
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup rice, uncooked (I used basmati)
- 4 cups roughly chopped, lightly packed, cabbage (about 3 handfuls or 2/3 of a small head)
- 1 T butter optional
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 T gluten free worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups water
- 1/8 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1-2 cups grated cheddar cheese, optional
- Preheat a 12" skillet or 2 qt saucepan over medium heat. Add hamburger and brown until almost done.
- Add onion and continue to cook until hamburger is fully cooked and onion is translucent.
- Add remaining ingredients, "except cheese", stir gently to combine, cover, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, 15 minutes.
- Top with cheese, replace lid, and cook another 5 minutes. Remove from heat and serve.
Recipe by Life After Wheat at https://thereislifeafterwheat.com/2016/03/one-pan-cabbage-casserole/