Gluten Free Brownie Cookies
Yield 3 dozen cookies
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup + 2 T oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 T vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups high quality gluten free flour blend (I used Mama's Almond Blend)
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups baking chips or chopped candy bars
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Stir in oil, sugar, and cocoa powder until thoroughly mixed.
- Stir in eggs and vanilla with a sturdy spoon until mixture is smooth and completely combined.
- Add flour, xanthan gum, and sea salt and stir until smooth.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F and line baking sheets with parchment.
- Scoop batter using a 1" cookie scoop or a spoon, spacing cookies 2-3" apart.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes until cookies appear to be almost done. They will continue baking as they cool.
- Let sit on cookie sheet for 5 minutes before removing to wire rack to cool.
- Store on the counter up to 3 days. These cookies freeze well.
Recipe by Life After Wheat at https://thereislifeafterwheat.com/2016/03/gluten-free-brownie-cookies/