Hi everyone! It’s my favorite time of year again. Here are a few of the reasons I LOVE fall (in no particular order):
- long sleeve shirts (yep, I love ’em!)
- Trips to our local pumpkin patch
- Leaves changing colors
- Hot cocoa and apple cider-I’m definitely a warm drink junkie!
- Boots (seriously: BOOTS!)
- The excuse to make and eat everything pumpkin
- The Gluten Free Expo in Salt Lake City, UT!
The nation’s largest Gluten Free Expo will be hosting it’s 6th year on Saturday October 10th, 2015. We have been 3 of those years-go us! The GFE team is highlighting those companies in conjunction with the state of Utah’s declaration for Celiac Disease and Gluten Intolerance Awareness Week, October 5 – October 10. Keep reading for your chance to win a FREE ticket!
What to expect at the expo:
-FREE samples (and tons of them!)
-1st year Cooking Contest – think you got skillz? Check out the website to learn how you can win big if you cook GF well.
– Kids Corner
– Live football in the man lounge for the fellas
– Prize giveaways every hour
– Medical lectures
– Cooking Demos (Gluten Free Mama will be there showing how to make pie crust!)
– 2 Shopping carts full of food sponsored by Udi’s (hello!)
– Grand prize giveaway – 5:00pm
– One of the first 1,000 in line? You could win a gift package valued at $2,000! (4th time’s a charm right? 😉 )
It’s going to be a great day! gfHubs looks forward to this event because he can eat just about EVERYTHING! He has a few other food allergies we have to watch for, but most booths have the ingredients list/allergen info displayed front and center so you know exactly what you can or cannot eat. It’s difficult to describe what it feels like for someone with food restrictions to be able to go into a room and eat whatever they want-it is such a great experience!
One of my favorite things about the expo is it’s totally affordable. As you can see below, kids 8 and under are FREE. If you have gluten free kids, they will never forget this experience!!! Here’s all the info you’ll need:
Date: Saturday 10/10/2015
Time: 9am – 5pm
Price: Kids 8 & under Free, Adults $8
Be sure to print off the coupon below for $2 off
Want to go for FREE?
I’m giving away 6 yes SIX! tickets (Thank you to the Gluten Free Expo for providing them!)
Enter the Rafflecopter giveaway for a chance to win-contest closes in 2 days!