Let me introduce you to the Chocolate Bar Pie. A decadent dessert with only 3 simple ingredients, this pie is easily made gluten free, and is sure to please!
Did you know that today is National Pi Day? People all over the country are taking this opportunity to eat all types of delicious pies, and I’ve teamed up with other gluten free bloggers to bring you the some of the best gluten free varieties! Be sure to scroll to the bottom of this post and check out those out
This year happens to be a once-in-a-lifetime event, because Pi= 3.14159265359, and today is 3.14.15 (and it just happens to be 9:26am, ha!)
I found some Mi-Del Gluten Free Graham Cracker Crusts on sale at Smith’s a while back and bought a stack. I admit I was quite surprised to discover how good they taste, and I definitely recommend them!
This pie is always served at Thanksgiving in our family. It is perfect for any holiday or anytime, really, because it is so simple and so perfectly delicious.
It really is the best way to make a chocolate cream pie.
This will have you licking your spoon, fork, plate, you get my point.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase something through these links I will receive monetary compensation, which I use for blogging fees and other fees and equipment to support this blog. As always, I only link to products that we use and love and therefore think you will love, too!
Chocolate Bar Pie
*gluten-free *oat-free *soy-free *corn-free
- 1 Gluten Free Graham Style Pie Crust (I used MI-DEL)
- 3 (1.55 oz) Hershey’s Chocolate Bars
- 1 small (8 oz) container Cool Whip
- In a medium bowl, break chocolate bar into small pieces and microwave on 50% power for 30 seconds. Remove and stir.
- Return to microwave and heat in 20 second intervals on 50% power, stirring for 30 seconds each time you remove the bowl. It is important not to overheat the chocolate, so stirring thoroughly will help it melt without getting too hot. I only had to do two 20 second intervals, then stirred it a minute or two until it was all melted.
- Let the chocolate cool about 5 minutes, but don’t let it begin to harden again (watch it closely!)
- Fold in a scoop of thawed cool whip until all the chocolate is mixed in. Fold in remaining cool whip until the chocolate is all well incorporated.
- Spread into your graham cracker crust and top with additional cool whip or whipped cream, and shaved chocolate if you want. Refrigerate a few hours or overnight and enjoy!
Check out these other fantastic Gluten Free Pie recipes!
Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Pie from Flippin’ Delicious
Grain Free White Chocolate Matcha Pie from The Joyful Foodie
Gluten-Free Coconut Cream Pie from What the Fork Food Blog
Deep Dish Gluten-Free Apple Pie from Raia’s Recipes
Gluten-Free Pink Lemonade Pie from The Baking Beauties
Gluten-Free Vegan Strawberry Pop Tarts from Allergy Free Alaska